Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The TRYING 3s!

Don't really have anything specific to do a new blog on, so here's just a hodgepodge of photos I've taken with my new camera. It's a more advanced camera than I really need, so I'm trying to use it alot while I still have time to decide if I want to keep it or return it. I haven't had a lot to take pictures of though, since Joey wants to spend every waking moment watching his new movie, Bolt. We went to the store looking for Ratatouille since he just got a new magnet book for that movie and he's never seen it, but he found Bolt instead, and loved it because it had a hamster in a ball on the cover. One of his favorite toys right now is the hamster in a ball he got for his birthday. So he had to have this movie, and has watched it like 5 times a day since he got it. Except yesterday when we were out for most of the afternoon. The hamster in this movie is named Rhino (which you will need to know later in the blog.)
I caught Joey mid-sneeze!

Lars watching TV with Joey.

He gets in funny positions when watching TV.



This camera has neat features, like this, which would have taken me a little while to do by hand on the computer.


He was asleep when we got to the doctor for his 3 year check up and his physical for preschool. (It's a little crazy they need physicals for preschool, right?) He's 36 inches tall (which is in the 25th percentile--his highest yet!) and still only 26.6 lbs, which is still in the 10th percentile. He still doesn't eat good, but we're trying to find creative ways. He and his daddy have decided they have playgrounds in their bellies where their food goes to play, so talking about that sometimes helps motivate him. As does withholding snacks till all his food is gone.

I have to say, the 3s have caught me off guard. I thought getting past the terrible 2s was all I had to really worry about in toddler years...not so. 3s are 3x as hard as the 2s. Joey has no problem telling us No, repeatedly, when he's asked or told to do something. He's more defiant than ever and shows in shame in it. He seems to not care about getting spanked, time out or any other punishment. Why did all you people warn me about the 2s and not the 3s?????? Shame on you! (he he)


He loves our backyard! Even when it's 94 degrees out.





Also, he prefers no pants. :)

His Tiger Barbs. Named Monkey, Rhino (after his new favorite movie, Bolt), Lion, Shark and one other that I've forgotten.

















This camera has a setting for "foilage" that really brings out the colors of plants. This is in my bathroom.




















Earl and Joey in the hammock.


I have a great zoom on this new camera.




We got a new fish tank the other day. Very excited about getting some more fish in there. Right now we have some Platys and some Glofish.







Joey loves playing games on my laptop. He looks like such a little man using the mouse! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I loved the cute pics. Wow--looks like you got a neat camera there!
    I miss ya'll..looking forward to seeing you here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the pics! I haven't seen Bolt yet, but I will have to get it! Your new camera is cool! I cannot believe little sweet Joey would say no. As far as the spankings not doing any good, he takes after your mom & Ray!

    ReplyDelete