Monday, June 22, 2009

More Play

We took Joey and his cousin Kalyn to the park and to Fun Depot this past weekend. Fun Depot had lots to do: a soft play area (basically like the McDonalds play tunnels, but bigger), mini bowling, go carts and bumper cars, laser tag, batting cages, putt putt, face painting, arcade games and more! Joey was too little for most things but he still had a very eventful time.
The traumatic part was during mini bowling. The balls are actually still very heavy, even though they're smaller. And Joey decided to look inside the tunnel where the ball return goes. But as he was looking, a bowling ball was coming up and wacked him very hard in the head: so hard it sent the ball going back down! I was worried about a concussion, but he didnt even get a bump. But it smacked him hard, it was a very loud noise. It must have gotten him right on the toughest part of his skull.






Kalyn decided to take a nap while eating. It lasted about 4 seconds.






















They both wanted to drink the water coming out of the mister at the park. I'm sure there was all kinds of germs on it, but they had fun! LOL


Brianna and her nanny found a nice shaded spot to watch.









I took a picture of the bathroom at the park because Ray actually did the rock work on them back when they were built. He did a good job! They look great!




Our house is still getting shown a lot, but no offers yet. I just try to keep believing that there is a reason God wants Me and Joey in Asheville a little longer... hopefully not too much longer. Earl will get to come visit us here for the 4th of July weekend. We really miss him. Joey loves talking to him on the phone at nights before bed time. He loves talking on the house phone: not so much with cell phones. And the (sad) countdown is on for Angie's next deployment to Iraq. She leaves in like a month and half!!! Or less, really. For a year!!! We're not happy about that. It's never to early to start praying for her safe arrival, stay, and return.

2 comments:

  1. I love reliving the fun times! I'm so glad for the time you guys have here and we can all get together .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get my pics on my blog soon as I can, I am way behind. I always enjoy your pics though better. I am glad for the time Kalyn & Joey have to spend time together. We will continue praying for your house to sell quickly so your family can be together.

    ReplyDelete