Saturday, July 11, 2009

Camping in Chesapeake

Considering the horrible bugs that find their way all over me to bite me, I'm so glad to be out of the camper. We usually love camping, but the bug bites are horrible! I'm not sure if it's VA in general, or just this campground, or just our camper, but we've all got welts and bumps all over from them. We found a house to rent here in Chesapeake, but haven't taken pics or anything yet. So here's our week here:



Two crazy monkeys just watching TV in the camper.







One of his favorite pasttimes while camping was playing T-ball. I can't wait till he's on a team playing. He'll have so much fun (and that will give me a break, he he).

















Not sure what this look is about, but it's cracking me up looking at it.



Me and Joey went to Mt Trashmore in Virginia Beach which apparently used to be a dump or something that they've planted pretty grass on and now want you to eat off of and have your kids play there. ;)





This is a view of one of the sides of Mt Trashmore.








This is the top.








The view of the playground at the bottom.





On the way down Joey said he needed to sit to take a break.



















On the way to our campsite everyday we got to see lots of deer by the road. Earl even saw a baby brown bear the other morning! Me and Joey saw rabbits too. And an ugly big lizard that attacked hung out outside our camper. Did I mention we're so glad to be in a home now and not camping...he he. Pics of the house to come.

2 comments:

  1. Great, thanx for the pics. I'm so sorry about all the bugs! Yucky...Joey looks like he's having some fun tho. Can't wait to see pics of the new home when you get your stuff in.
    I love and miss you guys sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our rental house caught on fire in Indiana we had to camp out in our camper somewhat bigger than the one you got but after a month of that I didn't care to no more. I like the wild animals especially the deers. Tell Joey to watch out for that baby bear!

    ReplyDelete