Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Family Status Update

It has been many  months since I've updated the blog. It's just so easy to post pictures and brief things on Facebook, since most of my family and friends are on there. But I thought I'd do a quick update on what we are doing these days.

Josiah: His most recent obsession is Legos, and more specifically, Lego Ninjago. He is going to be his favorite, the green ninja, for Halloween, but they don't sell those costumes in stores yet, so we are having to make it. I'll post pics of that when I'm done. He loves 1st grade and Cub Scouts. He is still doing, and enjoying TaeKwonDo. He just recently earned his yellow belt in the juniors class. He's still the most fabulous big brother to Tanner. It's really amazing. He's working very hard on eating more and eating more healthy. He's very eager to weigh 40 lbs. so he can take the back off his booster seat in the car. (He's at 39.6 lbs now.) Recently, he's really gotten into golf with Earl. He has his own little set of clubs and goes to the golf courses with Earl.

Tanner: Tanner is Tanner, wild and crazy as ever. But still so sweet, too. We're working on getting him off the pacifier, but boy is it hard. He's attached to that thing more than Joey was attached to Green Daddy. He weighs about 27 lbs. now, I think, and has become as picky an eater as his big brother (and mom). He loves playing Legos too (the bigger kind for toddlers) and Joey plays with him often. He's still in the crib, but we are thinking of letting him and Joey share a room soon, so we'll transition him to a big boy bed then. He's not potty trained yet either, but I don't know when I'll get to that. Hopefully before the new baby arrives. I don't want to deal with 2 kids in diapers.

Baby #3: We should find out Nov. 23rd if it's a boy or girl. I'm leaning towards thinking it's a girl, but I also though Joey was going to be a girl, so I don't trust my intuition. I'm happy no matter what, so long as he or she is healthy. I'm 16 weeks along now. So far, Baby #3 loves Ramen Noodles and plain Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches from Andy's. Baby #3 seems to hate my favorite food: spaghetti. She or he still makes me nauseous some days, but I am much better than the first 3 months of this pregnancy where I stayed tired and nauseous all day and night, every day and night. Here at Lejeune's Naval Hospital, they schedule c-sections at 39 weeks. Since my due date is April 10, this baby should be arriving around April 3 or so (it's not scheduled yet), unless I go into labor before that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanx for the update. You know I love reading about what's going on from day to day with ya'll.
    Luv ya!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about my favorite nephews! Wish I were there...then I'd start my own blog about them :)

    ReplyDelete