Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January

I'm a little behind in posts, I think. Here's a few things from this month.


Tanner went in for a check on a boo-boo on his tush. Turns out it was an abscess, so they admitted us to the hospital that day and did surgery the next morning (Saturday the 22nd) to cut and drain it.

He's recovering nicely. His bum is very sore, of course. And we have to work at keeping the site clean because it's in his diaper area. We change the dressing daily. He goes back on Friday hopefully to get the last of the packing out of the wound and be given the go-ahead for baths and business as usual.



In the hospital, everytime a new shift or new nurse/doctor would come to our room, they'd say, "I heard about the mohawk. Let me see." Or something like that. So he was well-known there.















Napping with daddy on the couch.








The boys loving Joey's bathtime.


Tanner started saying Ma-Ma 3 days ago and hasn't stopped. He doesn't seem to know that I am Ma-ma, but I'll take what I can get. He's crawling so fast, following me around the house. He turned 9 months old today.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Tanner is recovering nicely :) Love & miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad his bottom is better. He's a real trooper! The pics are cute! Thanx.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww that is just so sad, little tanner in the hospital. but he looks happy! i love the mohawk too!

    ReplyDelete