Tuesday, September 21, 2010

August Part 2

As summer was winding down, we stayed busy busy busy!


At the zoo here they have the water geysers for the kids to play in at the entrance.





Joey is almost obsessed with maps. He makes them, he loves looking at them, like from Busch Gardens, he just is really into maps for some reason. He just got over a phase of drawing zoo maps. He'd do like 20 a day. They'd all basically look the same. I'll try to find one and scan it to post here if I think about it later. He does a great job. He draws in the roads that go to the different animals. It's cute. He's finally getting over that phase. Before the zoo maps were cards. He was obsessed with folding computer paper and making greeting cards out of them. He made like 20 a day of those (you can see we go through computer paper often--he won't use the lined paper). And as alot of you know, he was most recently obsessed with mailing letters. He loved decorating the envelopes, putting on his pretend stamps (stickers) and putting his letter inside. Then he'd give it to me and have me "decorate" my "side" with the address (he calls I-dress for some reason) and put the real stamp on. Then we'd have to walk it to the mailbox (even if the mail had already ran that day) and put up the flag.









We joined a mommy's group this summer and made some new friends. It was great. It was a wonderful way to get out of the house and do fun stuff with kids Joey's age while preschool was out. I really wish I would have found this group last summer when we moved here. But we're glad to have them now.











The Botanical Gardens here is very kid friendly. There's more water geyser play, plus these cute nifty little furniture carved from trees.



























Tanner is much more into tummy time than Joey ever was.



















Earl uses my boppy for a pillow sometimes.
















This was Tanner's first time on a ride. It's the merry go round at Busch Gardens. We had to sit on a bench and not a horse, but maybe next year :)





2 comments:

  1. This pics are awesome! I Loved them. I cracked up at Joey in the blue glasses & that pose, and Earl and the boppy. Loved seeing the pics of Tanneer, my littlest fella. Thanx for sharing them with us...keep rolling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great... what kind of camera do you have now? I LOVE the one of Joey with sunglasses and his arms behind his head!!!! Tanner is adorable and getting so big already!

    ReplyDelete