Thursday, May 13, 2010

Family Bonding

Tanner is over 2 weeks old now. Joey is still doing awesome as a big brother. He always wants to kiss and hug on Tanner.


I napped with Tanner one day and Earl caught it on camera ;)




I have some pictures of Joey in this same outfit when he was a baby. One day soon, I'm going to do a blog comparing the boys at about the same ages. They look more alike than I thought!





Aunt Angie and Joey have had some real bonding time since she's in for her brief visit from Iraq. Joey doesn't want to let Angie out of his sight.



Tanner and Mamaw.


Joey is getting really good at taking pictures. He took the above picture of Angie.








This is before his haircut, with his long hair that I love!




Monkey butt. :)






This is Joey after his haircut ^






Our boys! :)




My fellas!




I love how Tanner is covering his face!

Finally caught a smile on camera!










Joey with all the baby Zhu Zhu hamsters. He has all the babies now!




















Well, for such a complicated delivery (my failed Spinal, Tanner's jaundice and weight loss, my allergic reaction), Tanner is a very uncomplicated baby. He sleeps most of the time, hates to have his diaper changed or his clothes taken off, sleeps great on your chest on his belly throughout the day and not so great in his bassinet on his back at night. He has a doctor's appointment this afternoon and we'll see if he's gaining weight okay and make sure his jaundice is under control. My allergic reaction, where I was broken out all over my body from one of the meds they used during the c-section, is finally almost all gone. I still have left over itchiness, but the rash is gone! We're having so much fun having Angie here and already dread sending her back to Iraq. We're coming for a brief Asheville visit this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these pics, and the haircuts! Thanx for sharing them, Can't wait to see you all and hold and kiss my grandboys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Gail! Tanner is adorable! Can't wait to meet him! You have a beautiful family! Congratulations again! Joey's hair cut looks nice, not too drastic. Every time we ask for the stylist to give Thomas a "little boy" haircut, they give him a marine haircut! Looks like you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little family you have! It's crazy that you guys have been together since high school! You're just proof positive that young love can last! Your boys are beautiful and I am so happy for you both!!

    p.s. I had an allergic reaction to meds given during my c-section, too. It was miserable. Hope all evens out soon and it's smooth sailing from here on out!
    :) Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one of Tanner sleeping in his swing. too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved the pics. I cannot believe how much Joey and little Tanner look alike. We miss you all so much. Congratulations Roberts Family!

    ReplyDelete