Thursday, November 19, 2009

Green Daddy part 2?

A fun package arrived today from Aunt Angie in Iraq! Joey got an orange monkey like Green Daddy! (She also sent the new baby a purple one in case it's a girl).

Joey said, "Now Green Daddy has a friend! I love this orange one!"

I asked if I could take a picture of him with his monkeys and he wouldn't let me stop. He kept saying, "I want you to take more pictures." That is very unlike him, so I didn't argue. I couldn't get him to give the pictures some variety. He didn't want to move or change positions much.

I asked him what he was going to name the orange monkey. He asked me what the shirt said and I told him it said Ramadi, Iraq, where Angie is. He said, "I will name it Ramadi." He's so brilliant! What a cutie.


Then he proceeded to make me keep taking pictures.



The green box is where he keeps all his "pets" that he loves to play with.





He did finally move to the bed for some pictures.






























He apparently was already conversing with Ramadi because he told me that Ramadi loves astronauts (and Green Daddy loves bubbles.) And that Ramadi LOVES when I take his pictures.




Ramadi wanted to play soccer and shared the soccer ball with Green Daddy.



This is the look he gave me when I thought we were done taking pictures, and he thought I should just sit down and keep taking them.













Then he moved to my bed for one more photo shoot.



Daddy came home in the middle of it so he had to show off Ramadi to his daddy.




He always pretends that my bed is a submarine and when you get covered up on my bed, you're inside the submarine. The monkeys were very happy to be in the submarine.



And this was last night, when Joey still wasn't asleep (but was in bed) at 9pm, and he got up begging for a sandwich. So he and his daddy made a sandwich and shared.




He'll go back to preschool tomorrow for the first time since he got sick. Hopefully, it will be easier to get him back on a good sleeping schedule after that. He's all of a sudden scared of any noises in his room and comes to our bed to sleep around midnight every night. It's not fun.

2 comments:

  1. That boy really cracks me up! How I wish I could be there with ya'll...I need lots of Joey hugs.. Angie did good!
    Thanx for sharing these cute pics--I loved the "look" he gave you..heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I wish we lived closer. He and Thomas (& Ruby) would have so much fun at this age!

    ReplyDelete